What questions should you ask your future boss?
They are the best questions for getting an offer for your dream job, allowing you to decide if you want to work with that boss, and setting up a positive and substantive working relationship with your future boss.
These questions are listed in order of when you should ask them, as you get to know your future boss.
- What’s your story?
- What do you want to accomplish in this chapter of your career?
- What are your boss’s (if applicable, or “the board” if you are interviewing with the CEO) biggest priorities right now?
- What are your career thoughts about the future?
- What’s the culture like on your team?
- How do you like to communicate with your best performers?
- What else do your most valuable teammates do that you like?
- What do your teammates do that you don’t like?
- If I perform really well, and my results make you thrilled, what are some career paths here that you think would be a good fit for the future?
- What would your bosses, peers, and subordinates say are your biggest strengths and areas for improvement?
Download SMARTtools for Leaders™.